Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Swaps

These are my little sheep that I was working on this week for an handmade animal swap. It's actually the first time I've used pipe cleaners and this method to make anything out of wool roving. I did needle felt a little, but it was mostly a winding method found in this book. They could be used on the nature table or for farmyard play.Here are my little sheep grazing through pine trees-lol?
Do they ever graze through pine trees...hmmm? Well, I bought the trees last weekend at a Christmas Craft Bizaar. One of the mamas from our local Mom's Club was there with her Dad who makes these. Not to mention he's thoughtful and painted them with non-toxic paint :D Thank you! As it was a deciding factor-lol! Aren't they cute ?

As for the "For Mom's" swap that I participated in...I made 2 types of aromatherapeutic foot bombs. Just like bath bombs, but for your feet. I ended up accidently getting one back as one of my swap items and was so bummed to see that they didn't really make the 2 shipments! I should've packaged them better. Oh well, live and learn. I'm just hoping not everyone's ended up like that:{Here's a look at all the goodies that I received in my package.

Yes, we have some VERY crafty mama's! Thank you ladies!!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the sheep in person! They are SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sheep! (and the trees are cute)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sheep! Thanks so much for following my blog! I adore yours! I have a few giveaways posted right now if you are interested in entering! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great crafting! I love the sheep and the bath bombs. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete