Monday, November 23, 2009

Turquoise handspun yarn



I have this other type of wool that I bought for my felting stash because it was soo pretty and I figured that I'd use it for something. Well, it struck me the other day that I could probably spin it up without carding it, as I think it's already been done? You know, I'm still new at all this so if your following along and don't know either, then you get to learn with me-lol :D



It seems to me that if I were to card this wool, it would probably break. With that being said, I thought...why not? It ended up spinning very nicely and gave me this beautiful turquoise! I'm in love!!

2 comments:

  1. so very beautiful rose!
    it is lovely to hear about this new passion of yours, and i love that you are using a drop spindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful color. I really would love to learn spinning but it would be way too much right now. Hopefully soon though...

    ReplyDelete