Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Community Christmas

Last week I was involved as a craft vendor in what was put together in a week's time event named, "Community Christmas". My gal pal Mama Ruck and an acquaintance of ours had put this event together to help other Mom's who have some type of home based business network and sell items . Since the event was put together in one week's time...there weren't that many people there to buy. On a VERY positive note, it was a great social and networking time. I was able to meet some of the other local mother's in the area that have a part time at home business, be it retail or handmade. It was a lovely evening! I made a little bit selling my beeswax ornaments, lip balm, and one of my essential oil blends. Plus, I absolutely LOVE to barter, so at the end of the event, I was able to barter some of my items with some other Mama Made goodies. A tiny toddler travel pillow for my Baby Bear in the pirate motif- he's really starting to get into pirates and a barrett for Ladybug. However, my favorite trade was the cutest little waldorf bunting pocket doll for little Ladybug's stocking. Isn't she adorable? We still need to come up with a name...hmmm...



Here are a few of the items I made...

This little apron will go to one of my nieces. It has a place for her crayons and a matching little bandana to keep her hair out of her face while she's being artistic!



One of these aprons will go to Baby Bear, since it was originally meant for him anyways. I was going to buy more of this same fabric. It has a matching potholder. It'll go with the kitchen items that go with his Santa brought gift...


"Santa, please bring me my kitchen". I love his wording. As if it's already his and Santa's just the delivery guy-lol!

This hat will be re-worked for my niece. I just need to make it a tiny bit smaller. It'll look really cute on her :D




The lip balm I made was in a variety of eo's, such as peppermint, floral, and citrus. The extra one's will definitely go out as part of gifts :D





I know this is going to sound kind of silly, but I was secretly hoping some of these items were not going to sell-loL! With just a week's notice, I was crafting like crazy-still lol! Oh my, it actually took some time away from my Christmas gift making that I knew was time I was going to have to make up for. You see, if these items didn't sell, then I wouldn't have to make more of the same items as gifts :D This kind of puts me a little ahead of the game since I do tend to procrastinate, so it all worked out wonderfully! Yes, I'm silly like that :D

3 comments:

  1. The baby is adorable! How fun to trade and sell at the event. You are really branching out with all of the wonderful things that you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a talented mama!
    i love barters too, so fun and that sweet little dolly too cute : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, you won the pine pendant at herbal roots zine! please email me your address so i can mail it out to you. :)

    ps. jaden LOVES the crown you made for zoe! she wants to come visit you. :D

    ReplyDelete