Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kite's 'n Camera

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Things have been so hectic as of late, that I actually was able to enjoy a nice slow day with the family. It's funny that as one grows older, we learn to just slow down and appreciate the time we have with our loved ones. This year was extra special that I'm a mother to two babies now-I am blessed!

Today was a nice windy day. You know, not to windy or cold. Just that perfect, nice, cool breeze. We took a walk to a nearby schoolyard, so that Daddy and Tyler could fly a kite.
Tyler loves flying kites with Daddy!

Zoe and I went along for the walk. It was her first time riding in the wagon. As soon as we started walking, she was able to fall asleep until we got there. At 5 months old, she just sprouted her first tooth! Here she is gnawing on her rattle...relief!

...and just hanging out with mama.

With that, I came to the conclusion that I need to get a new camera. How do I jump from that to this you ask? Well, I know how much I hate bringing out my old Kodak Easyshare. I notice how it deters me from using it, bringing it along, having new batteries charged (since the battery door is loose), therefore I miss many photo opts. It only has 3.2 megapixels-talk about old skool! I also notice Zoe doesn't have a bazillion pics, such as Tyler did when he was a baby. Now that I have this blog, it's been something that I've been meaning to remedy.

I've done my research and I think it's between a Nikon and a Cannon. What to do, what to do? After all...these are my family's keepsake memories.
Then again, it could be that I recently read a blog (I wish I could remember who) in which the person talked about taking a picture of dirty dishes and their camera made it look like a work of art...maybe I just need to wash my dishes! lol!!


What type of camera do you use?

3 comments:

  1. Nikon and Cannon are really good brands. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those. We had a Kodak Easyshare, too and just got a Sony Cyber-shot for Christmas. What a difference! It has 9.1 megapixels and 15X optical zoom. We really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what a cutie! The baby that is, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I researched both when I got my new camera and ended up with my Nikon Coolpix because it was $50 cheaper. It's a good camera but several of my friends have Canons and I wish I would have spent the extra $50.

    ReplyDelete